Monday, April 5, 2010

So Stylin'

Pretty sure this is from the 80s (EDIT: 70s; I am dumb), but I don't really remember. Found it in that SMCM photo archive.

Look at these fucking hipsters.

Guy on the left seems real chill and nice, but guy on the right seems really intense. Lot of swagger. Maybe it's because he is standing at a 15 degree angle.

This is in the PG-Caroline parking lot area as far as I can tell.

Just wish I could grow that mustache.

UPDATE: The image is from December of 1974

Edit: Re: comment about man leg. If you want to see man leg keep an eye open for Jake Silver. He currently is sporting a punx blond mohawk.

14 comments:

  1. haha this is awesome. I feel like it must be from the 70s though, just because of what they're wearing. Discuss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's hard to say. I mean it is also kinda 70s looking, but the photograph itself makes me feel like it's from the early 80s. Maybe late 70s early 80s. I should try to figure this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOK AT THOSE SHORTS. Oh, man leg, how I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. post more pics of campus in 70s please

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's one of my favorites:

    http://smcm.cdmhost.com/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p4105coll4&CISOPTR=750&CISOBOX=1&REC=13

    Mike, having a bud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you blog about jake silver's man leg? would that be possible?

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://smcm.cdmhost.com/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/p4105coll4&CISOPTR=823&DMSCALE=21.46691&DMWIDTH=600&DMHEIGHT=600&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=&REC=19&DMTHUMB=1&DMROTATE=0

    On on the topic of Bud, here's one of my faves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Note, blind mike having a bud.

    Blind mike.

    Bud

    Blind bud mike, my bud, drinking a bud.

    Bud

    ReplyDelete
  9. i feel like this picture is me and my friends if we lived in the seventies.

    http://smcm.cdmhost.com/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p4105coll4&CISOPTR=1007&CISOBOX=1&REC=10

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why do all of these 70s college students look thirty?
    Probably all of the mustaches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They really do all look old. Maybe only old people went to st. marys in the 70s. Or they stayed a long time to avoid the draft

    ReplyDelete
  12. there are a lot of of alumni visiting for alumni parties

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm that is a good point, a lot of these probably are alumni events

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd be more willing to bet they're professors.

    ReplyDelete