Wednesday, September 21, 2011

EXCLUSIVE: New Campaign Focusing on Student Identity

The other day I was in the Campus Center tryna get some swipes and I saw this awe-inspiring sight:

THE PHOTO IS ON MY OTHER CAMERA AND WILL BE UPLOADED AT SOME POINT BUT HERE IS A PHOTO THAT KINDA LOOKS LIKE THE REAL PHOTO:      ------------------>


I was very confused via I did not think that I was in a Sears Photo Center (via 1990s nostalgia for suburbia).  A young lady who was not at all ugly asked me to pose and said that she remembered me as being "very photogenic" which I think was a compliment or something, and then she took my photo!

After that chillbro Garrett Zopfi asked me to write down how I identify myself, so I wrote down "I am cool".  Not sure if I did that correctly or w/e but he seemed satisfied enough that he told me about the project.  They are making posters with photos of SMCM students and how they identify themselves and putting them around campus or something.  Something along those lines, not really interested in getting the actual story via lack of journalistic integrity, rather more interested in making assumptions etc.  Maybe he will see this and give the full story via comments.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of this: http://bookdragon.si.edu/2009/11/19/blended-nation-portraits-and-interviews-of-mixed-race-america-photographs-and-interviews-by-mike-tauber-co-produced-by-pamela-singh-foreword-by-ann-curry-introduction-by-rebecca-walker/

    A lot of the photos were featured in the Smithsonian's RACE exhibit (at the Natural History Museum until January).

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Garrett told me about this project I definitely told him that it reminded me of that exact photo gallery at the Smithsonian RACE exhibit.

    ReplyDelete