Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SGA MEETING 2/23/2010

SGA Meeting, exciting.

Update: Sorry for forgetting to post this last night, got distracted.

8:15 - Ciji Tildwell is here to talk about stuff as our guest speaker. She is an area coordinator focused on serving international students. She is wondering who we think should be considered an International student. I don't really get it. It's regarding students who came from abroad to go here for four years, as opposed to exchange program students.

8:18 - "How can I coax students to become mentors for international students?" - Ciji. Duhhh, alcohol.

8:25 - Now she is just asking us questions about our thoughts on international students and stuff, I don't think this is the point of having a guest speaker. Going back to farmville.

8:27 - Thank you Mark Snyder for showing up so that we got quorum (need a certain number of senators to start the meeting).

8:30 - I like when Alex Walls says 'piggybacking'. I like piggy back rides a lot (giving them obv).

8:31 - Debbie just said 'piggybacking'. I hope someone else says it tonight.

8:36 - Katie Schultz is here to talk about stuff via student speakout. Talking about 'Dance your Shoes off', raising money for Haiti. It's going to be this Friday...somewhere. Maybe in DPC via The Nest.

8:41 - New club, Jiu Jitsu. It's like wrestling or something. Japanese wrestling maybe. Mike Young keeps giggling and I don't really know why, but it's making me giggle.

8:43 - Why is everyone laughing at Alex Walls :[

8:46 - Asked him to perform a Jiu Jitsu move. Got to go up and he showed me a cool Jiu Jitsu move that was very similar to missionary position. I got to lay on the floor and he moved into missionary topping position, and then I defended myself via locking his army behind his back. It was pretty cool. And the club got passed.

8:56 - Finance Board bylaw to fund 100% of referees. More sports should just be like Ultimate Frisbee and not have referees.

8:57 - Boring Finance Board bylaw, blah blah blah.

8:59 - Aww it's Kelly Schroeder's Birthday. Singing happy birthday as I type this.

9:18 - Calvert girl is wondering where the common room furniture is going. Duh, people's rooms.

9:?? Meeting over

No comments:

Post a Comment