Wednesday, January 7, 2009

President Margaret O'Brien Stepping Down

You are hopefully aware at this point that yesterday Maggie announced she would be stepping down from her position of Presidency at SMCM, in favor of working in jolly ol' England doing some exciting sounding work.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this because I only saw Maggie two or three times, and never during the school year. I don't think she was around very often, but it's pretty clear that she did a lot for the school. SMCM's atmosphere has really changed from the Playboy Top Rated Party school of the 80s and early 90s, to a more academically rigorous institution when she ascended the throne in 1996. I don't know if this is completely good or bad, but I'm certain that she did a lot, especially in the area of studying abroad. I think studying abroad gave her a huge boner.

She had a very nice voice and referring to the President as "Maggie" was always fun. So I think I will miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment