Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Keep St. Mary's Weird is Dumb


I've talked about this 'phenomenon' before via previous blog posts (click over there) but idk it's still popping up I guess??? [huh editor's note, there was more posted here before but it got all corrupted via computers #conspiracy]

Issues:

  • "Keep Calm And..." wow cool great Internet meme to use hahah wow whats up (wazzup) 2010. Next thing you know they'll be making a Harlem Shake video (haha nevermind somebody already did)!
  • Mustache. I don't 'get' mustache culture like why is that mustache up there why is a mustache weird why is there a mustache on this 'poster'. I literally have a mustache and I don't get this.
  • Weird. IDK I GUESS IVE HARPED ON THIS BEFORE but I really don't get it. 
Like I guess the 'idea' of 'STAY WEIRD' is to be creative and interesting, but taking a decade old slogan and reusing it for your own purposes is the complete fucking opposite. It's not weird to use an Austin slogan from the 90s that was meant to support local business, it's just tacky.

Hey but I dunno am I totally off base and just a 'crumudgeon' (via being annoyed by some aspects of internet culture) feel free 2 sound off (haha wow 'sound off' what is this, 1983???) in the comments~

1 comment: