Monday, August 31, 2009

Don't Sneeze so Close to me

Do you see what I did there? I took that Police song "Don't Stand so Close to me" but changed one of the words. Barely clever puns are essential for any news source.

Regardless, H1N1 is going to be a major threat, and I hope to be the biggest fear monger on campus. I currently have 4 bottles of the germ-x that ResLife kindly handed out to us during move-in, and I may even refrain from hi-fiving people (not really, cause that would be super lame).

For reals though, check out the emails and papers you've gotten about the influenza strain that will be most prevalent this year, as it will affect us (those under 25) the most. Also apparently it is also called the "Novel" virus now, but I don't like that name very much. H1N1 is much more threatening sounding I feel.

October 1st is your chance to get a flu shot for only 27$ over in DPC.

If you are sick please don't come to class and kill everyone with your disgusting germs.

1 comment:

  1. I caught H1N1 early in the summer, so I hope I have at least some immunity to it through the flu season.. unless it mutates like crazy, of course.

    Another thing worth mentioning about the flu shot is that you might want to check whether it contains adjuvants. Adjuvants magnify your body's immune response tens of times (this means each viral culture can provide more vaccines for 10x+ more people than before) - but at the same time, there's a chance that it goes overboard and you get stuck with an autoimmune disease for the rest of your life. For this reason, I plan on asking very carefully about the vaccines being offered and discuss it with my parents (one of whom is involved with vaccines.)

    ReplyDelete